Tuesday, April 12, 2011

By Faith

I've sat at my computer, staring at this same blank blog screen, more times than I'd like to admit.
The blinking cursor just daring me to type something.
Each time, in defeat, I've walked away.
The screen still empty.

It hit me this morning what was truly happening. Why I was paralyzed.
I mean COME ON! It's a blog......NOT the Declaration of Independence!!

Isn't it just like Satan to make you feel like whatever you do, you won't be good enough?
THAT is what was truly going on.
It's an age old trap that I've succumbed to plenty of times in my life.
Every time I've bought into that lie, I've stolen God's opportunity to use me.

The past few months, when I dive into the Word, I find myself reading about Abraham or Moses.
That's NO coincidence!
Me and Moses....well, we're tight.
I feel his pain.
"God, I'm NOT well spoken enough to go and speak to Pharaoh. Can't you just use Aaron instead?"
Yep, been there. Done that.
God still commanded Moses (and Aaron) to go. We know how that story ended. In His weakness, God showed up BIG TIME & Moses was used mightily by God!

Abraham, on the other hand, reminds me of Philip.
God told Abraham to pack up his family and his belongings and go.
That's it.
No "googling" his new country. No Skype calls with those already there. WOW!
BY FAITH, he obeyed.

Like Moses, we sometimes speak with "faltering lips"
BUT....
Our family has a special story to tell.
We want to share our journey with others so that the Lord is GLORIFIED!

BY FAITH, we will sell our home.
BY FAITH, we will move to the Czech Republic
BY FAITH, God will use us in our weakness to draw his children to HIM.

I'm glad you all are along for this journey!

PS I dedicate this entry to my sweet sis Amy who basically said, "Just write something already!"
I love you :-)

Oh man! Now I'm crying!







No comments: